In the UK comedy, "The IT Crowd", the guys answer each phone call with "have you tried turning it off and on again." Sometimes, that really is the best thing you can do. Here is how to fully power cycle the scanner if you're finding it just won't connect.
- Turn off the power to the scanner by holding down the power button (hold it about 3 seconds) until it's no longer lit.
- Unplug every cable from the scanner (both the USB and the power cable).
- Close the software. This can help clear any previous memory that might have cause issues.
- Wait 30 seconds. Capacitors in the scanner can maintain their charge, and need a few seconds to discharge.
- Plug the power and USB cables into the scanner, and connect the USB to your computer,
- Press the scanner's power button until it lights up. It will power on immediately.
- Restart the software.
If your software still doesn't connect - look in Windows Device Manager. Under "Imaging Devices" you should see "Logitech HD Webcam C270" and under "Ports (COM & LPT)" you should see "Arduino Leonardo (COMxx)". If you don't see these, it means that Windows doesn't have a connection to your scanner. Try powering off the scanner, then reboot Windows. After Windows reboots, power on the scanner again. You should be ready to go at this point.
If this doesn't solve your issue, please contact us at email@example.com